Banner

Banner

Wednesday 3 September 2014

My father who is in another world

I don’t know about you
but I’ve cried
in secret when I could
and at times tears came too fast
to run or hide;
I don’t know about you
but I think you were stronger
I don’t know about you,
maybe you could swallow your heart
and suck back your eyes
or do whatever it was
so I could never see
not even for a moment
regret or remorse
sorrow for what you’ve done
or could not do or say,
I don’t know about you,
but if we talk temperature
no tears as hot have I known
than those marked ‘child’
for I’m father
much more than child, lover, friend
or citizen;
I don’t know about you
but maybe half a century
is too short a time
to know or see,
I don’t know about you
and your father,
and if you’ve thought this way
and wondered,
but for now
I will err on the side of hope
and worship for all the tears
I’ve never seen you cry
or for the distance
that makes for happy drought.  

Please leave a comment

4 comments :

  1. This is my relationship with my father too... Wonder is it so far everyone.. Why is it so difficult to share love with Fathers..... even while the feeling is SOOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it's to do with the persona of each father. I'm a blessed child I feel whenever I see my father's eyes, so full of love and his warm embrace. I suppose its because he knew how to demonstrate his love when we were children and he still knows to demonstrate his love with his grandchildren. I often wonder what would become of me- when this axis of my world is gone because he is the spine of our family- an epitome of love....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful leaf is floating
    coming from very far
    get closer and look at it
    you will see father's love
    written on it.....
    it will pass you
    continue to float
    and will disappear .
    And again
    just look around
    you will see
    your father's
    love written
    on all the leaves
    in the world.

    ReplyDelete