Banner

Banner

Wednesday 26 October 2011

You and I

If you are the entire spectrum
of colours seen, unseen and imagined,
let me be a single sliver
whose size does not forbid a name.
If you are a glorious reservoir,
let me be that single drop of water
that wills you to spill your transforming magic
to turn individuals into communities and hearts
and barren fields into harvests and smiles.
If you are moonlight,
let me be a fire-fly speck of light
convincing you
that the stars often walk the earth at night.
If you are the breeze that heals,
let me be a whisper of acknowledgment.
If you are a voice,
then let the voice that is me
still resolve to speak its barren word.
If you are the unfolding of truth,
let me be a salience
that gives the unravelling a signature.
If you are love,
then let me be its tear drop and smile.

[From the collection 'Threads' shortlisted for the Gratiaen Award 2007]

LEAVE A COMMENT

No comments :

Post a Comment