Banner

Banner

Monday 26 September 2011

RAIN AND LIES (after Fikrit Kizilok)


Mid-morning heat in late September,
desk top artifacts stare,
the in-tray and out-tray of my mind
play hide and seek,
ink flies from paper, from memory and forgetting,
staplers go mad
trying to pin together the untenable.
It is mid-morning here
and wherever you are,
it must be late evening for you,
pastel-coloured and soft,
and I,
I am whipped by the lies of time
of location and remembrance.
I am told there's bright sunshine
rising in a stupor from the road outside
but it is raining here
and drenched in a time-squeeze
I am visited by teardrop and sigh;
so tell me
dream-ribbon that scented time,
tell me,
is it all a lie
when you come to me
again and again
through nighttime and daybreak
and dew-laden fields?

4 comments :

  1. "so tell me
    dream-ribbon that scented time,
    tell me,
    is it all a lie
    when you come to me
    again and again
    through nighttime and daybreak
    and dew-laden fields?"

    When did you stop writing as heart-breakingly beautifully as this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I still do. Maybe I have become more private. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silence is more heart-breaking than the poetry, but being poetic in private must be the worst out of the lot surely. For the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing stope the reader from reading silence

    ReplyDelete