Banner

Banner

Sunday 25 September 2011

DOORS

Doors are special to me.
Their colours, shapes, sizes
the worlds they hide
and the worlds they keep out
these things fascinate me.
Doors are special to me
because they burst with metaphor,
they tempt trajectories
they draw lines
and say yes or no and perhaps maybe.
Doors are special to me
because I leave mine open;
they can be removed altogether
but I leave them open
for this is the difference
between indifference and invitation.
doors are special to me
because I cannot will them to open
and I cannot lure people in through mine.
doors are special to me
because histories and hopes are special
and they have to walk through them.
or choose not to.
doors are special to me
because they are splendid places
to wait and wait and wait.

2 comments :

  1. 'the doors' ... provide us some protection to a certain extent it is an indication of 'success'

    i have heard a saying in Sinhala ....

    "thattu karanaata dora ere" ... i personally think that this phrase teach us something about
    'success' (?)

    i also beleive that there is a very special link or relationship between these two terms 'success' and 'indifference'

    the doors - is certainly a very interesting topic .... the poets are the ones who always see things differently,accurately and 'beautifully' than us

    and yes they are splendid places ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "they can be removed altogether
    but I leave them open
    for this is the difference
    between indifference and invitation."

    That's the best part.

    ReplyDelete